- on low for 6-8 hours or until tender.
- For sauce, in a small saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Add
- garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the remaining ingredients;
- heat through.
- Remove brisket from the slow cooker; discard bay leaves. Place 1 cup
- cooking juices in a measuring cup; skim fat. Add to the barbecue
- sauce. Discard remaining juices.
- Return brisket to the slow cooker; top with sauce mixture. Cover and
- cook on high for 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend. Thinly slice
- beef across the grain; serve with sauce. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 6 ounces equals 381 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 96 mg cholesterol, 548 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 47 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.