Texas Potato Wedges
This versatile entree can be served as a side dish or an appetizer - we love it with hamburgers, steak and other beef dinners. My grandchildren love them because they're zesty but not overwhelmingly spicy.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 6 large potatoes
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon each dried thyme, basil, oregano and chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Slice unpeeled potatoes into wedges (12-14 per potato). In a small
- bowl, beat egg and milk. In another bowl, combine flour and
- seasonings. Dip potato wedges into milk mixture; dust with flour
- mixture. Place in a single layer on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Drizzle with oil. Bake at 450° for 20-25 minutes or until golden
- brown and tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (12 pieces) equals 382 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 327 mg sodium, 69 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 9 g protein.