Texas Pecan Pie
This ooey, gooey pie’s luscious and creamy filling offers that good old familiar flavor so many have come to love!—Laurel Leslie, Sonora, California
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- In a large bowl, whisk the sugar, flour, corn syrups, eggs, vinegar
- and vanilla until smooth. Stir in pecans. Pour into pastry shell.
- Cover edges with foil.
- Bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Remove foil; bake 25-30 minutes
- longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 piece equals 543 calories, 20 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 215 mg sodium, 93 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.