Spicy Southwest seasoning makes this snackin' good popcorn ideal for any fiesta. —Katie Rose, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- Refrigerated butter-flavored spray
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika
- In a Dutch oven over medium heat, cook the popcorn kernels, oil and
- cumin seeds until oil begins to sizzle. Cover and shake for 2-3
- minutes or until popcorn stops popping.
- Transfer to a large bowl; spritz with butter-flavored spray. Add
- remaining ingredients and toss to coat. Continue spritzing and
- tossing until popcorn is coated. Yield: 4 quarts.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 44 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 150 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.