Teriyaki Tangerine Ribs
We usually prepare ribs on the grill. But the recipe is so good, you won't miss that smoky flavor if you bake these in the oven instead. Tangerines are a favorite of mine, but oranges work just as well.
8 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours
- 4 pounds country-style pork ribs
- 2/3 cup fresh tangerine or orange juice
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated tangerine or orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Place ribs, meat side down, on a rack in a foil-lined shallow
- roasting pan. Bake at 425° for 30 minutes. Drain; turn ribs.
- Reduce temperature to 350° and bake 30 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients in a saucepan; bring to a
- boil. Remove from the heat and set aside. Remove ribs from rack;
- discard drippings and foil. Return ribs to pan; pour tangerine
- mixture over ribs.
- Bake, uncovered, turning ribs often, for 30-40 minutes or until
- tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (8 ounces) equals 286 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 310 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 27 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon