Teriyaki Steak Subs
In Birch Tree, Missouri, Sandra Burgess layers submarine sandwiches rolls with a seasoned mixture of sirloin strips, sliced peppers and sweet pineapple rings. The interesting flavors in these meaty sandwiches blend quite nicely.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup steak sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 pineapple slices
- 4 hoagie buns, split and toasted
- In a large bowl, combine steak sauce, brown sugar, soy sauce and
- ginger; set aside. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry the steak,
- peppers and onion in oil for 5 minutes Add garlic; cook 1 minute
- longer. Stir in reserved sauce; top with pineapple.
- Cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until heated through. Spoon meat
- mixture onto rolls; top each with two pineapple slices. Yield: 4
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 681 calories, 16 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 1,327 mg sodium,