Salmon is special here in the Northwest, and we've often had the privilege of catching some in the Columbia River. This recipe never fails to be a hit, whether we broil the salmon in the oven or grill it outdoors.
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Broil: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 salmon steaks (6 ounces each)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients.
- Set aside 1/2 cup for basting and refrigerate. Add salmon to
- remaining marinade; turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1-1/2
- hours, turning once.
- Drain and discard marinade. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 5
- minutes. Spoon reserved marinade over fish; turn and broil for 5
- minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Spoon marinade over
- fish. Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.