Teriyaki Mushroom Salad
"This hot salad is quick, easy and so good," enthuses Janice Mitchell of Aurora, Colorado. "Served with a bowl of hearty tomato soup, it makes a wonderful luncheon."
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 medium green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a nonstick skillet, melt butter. Add the mushrooms, green pepper,
- onion, teriyaki sauce and soy sauce; saute for 5 minutes or until
- vegetables are crisp-tender. Spoon onto lettuce leaves. Sprinkle
- with bacon. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 122 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 454 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 fat.