Teriyaki Glazed Chicken
I love to experiment with food. For this recipe, I took advantage of the sweet onions grown on Maui. My whole family just loves this main dish.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into strips
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 4 medium carrots, julienned
- 1 medium sweet onion, julienned
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- Hot cooked rice
- Sesame seeds, toasted, optional
- Sliced green onions, optional
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in 2 tablespoons oil for
- 6-8 minutes or until juices run clear. Remove chicken and set aside.
- In the same skillet, stir-fry carrots in remaining oil for 2 minutes.
- Add onion; stir-fry about 2-4 minutes longer or until vegetables are
- Combine soy sauce and brown sugar; add to skillet. Bring to a boil.
- Return chicken to skillet. Boil for 5 minutes or until sauce is
- slightly thickened. Serve with rice. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and
- green onions if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 324 calories, 13 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 1,922 mg sodium,