These drumsticks get their great flavor and golden color from the tasty, easy-to-prepare marinade. During hurried work weeks, it's convenient to marinate the chicken overnight and then bake it the next day.Jean Clark, Albion, Maine
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Bake: 35 min.
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sherry, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 12 chicken drumsticks (4 ounces each)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the soy sauce, oil, brown
- sugar, sherry if desired, ginger and garlic powder;add drumsticks.
- Seal bag and turn to coat; cover and refrigerate 1 hour or
- overnight, turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place chicken in a single layer on a
- foil-lined baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 35-45
- minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 180° and juices run
- clear. Yield: 6 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.