“I was getting sick or regular burgers, so I decided to create something just a little bit different. I love the sweet and salty combination of this burger,” says Tina Bryan of Altoona, Pennsylvania.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 hamburger buns, split
- 4 slices deli ham (3/4 ounce each)
- 2 DOLE® Pineapple Slices in 100% Pineapple Juice, drained
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- Shape beef into two patties. Grill, covered, over medium heat or
- broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a
- meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Serve on buns
- with ham, pineapple and teriyaki sauce. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 380 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 88 mg cholesterol, 1,135 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 35 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.