Water chestnuts add crunch to these moist patties from Barb Schutz of Pandora, Ohio. Top the burgers with additional teriyaki sauce for a flavorful alternative to ketchup.
7 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- In a large bowl, combine the water chestnuts, teriyaki sauce, onions,
- salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix just until
- combined. Shape into seven 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- Prepare the grill for indirect heat. Grill, covered, over indirect
- medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer
- pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Serve on buns with
- tomato and lettuce. Yield: 7 burgers.
Nutrition Facts: 1 burger equals 348 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 726 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet