- with a long side. Tie at 1-1/2-in. to 2-in. intervals with kitchen
- Combine the oil, garlic, salt and pepper; rub over roast. In a large
- ovenproof skillet, brown roast on all sides.
- Bake at 425° for 35-50 minutes or until meat reaches desired
- doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°;
- medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 10 minutes
- before slicing. Place slices on a platter and spoon pan juices over
- the top. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 4 ounces cooked beef equals 219 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 143 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.