Tenderloin Steaks with Cherry Sauce
This recipe stars a delectable sauce made with wine, plump cherries, and steak portioned just right.
--Jacob Kitzman, Seattle, Washington
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/3 cup dried tart cherries
- 3/4 cup port wine
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon plus 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks (4 ounces each)
- 1 green onion, chopped
- Place wine and cherries in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook
- for 5 minutes or until liquid is reduced to 1/4 cup. Stir in the
- butter, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Sprinkle steaks with remaining salt and pepper. Broil 4 in. from the
- heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired
- doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°;
- medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Serve steaks with cherry sauce and sprinkle with green onion. Yield:
- 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 steak with 1 tablespoon sauce equals 291 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 461 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber,