Tender Pork Chops
“Not only is it easy to use my slow cooker, but the results are fabulous,” notes Bonnie Marlow of Ottoville, Ohio. “Meat cooked this way is always so tender and juicy. These pork chops in a thick tomato sauce turn out great.”
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 5-1/2 hours
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 envelope spaghetti sauce mix
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil over medium heat for 3-4
- minutes on each side; drain. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the
- remaining ingredients. Top with pork chops.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-1/2 to 6 hours or until meat is tender.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 pork chop with 2 tablespoons sauce equals 303 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 763 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 34 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.