- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about
- 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the
- top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down; turn onto a floured surface. Roll into an 18-in. x
- 12-in. rectangle. Spread lemon curd to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll
- up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seams to seal.
- Cut into 12 slices.
- Place rolls, cut side down, in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes. Brush with
- beaten egg and sprinkle with walnuts if desired.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. In a small
- bowl, combine the icing ingredients; drizzle over warm rolls. Yield:
- 1 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 roll (calculated without nuts) equals 291 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 88 mg cholesterol, 122 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.