Tender Chicken Pockets
"I wanted to make weekend lunches more interesting, so I created this recipe that's now a favorite of ours," jots Beth Woodard in Jamestown, North Carolina. "Try it with a fruit salad on the side."
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 teaspoons mayonnaise, optional
- 4 whole wheat pita pocket halves
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1/2 cup sliced cucumber
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Dash salt and pepper
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the chicken, water and bouillon.
- Cover and microwave on high for 3-4 minutes or until meat is no
- longer pink.
- Spread mustard and mayonnaise if desired on the inside of each pita
- half. Fill with lettuce, cucumber, chicken and cheese. Season with
- salt and pepper. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 2 pita halves (prepared with reduced-sodium bouillon and reduced-fat cheese; calculated without mayonnaise) equals 396 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 83 mg cholesterol, 984 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 37 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon