Tender BBQ Chicken
“When we can’t barbecue on the grill, I bring out my pressure cooker for this fall-off-the-bone BBQ chicken,” relates field editor Diane Hixon of Niceville, Florida. Her jazzed-up BBQ sauce adds good flavor.
4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 10 min. + cooling
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups KC Masterpiece®
KC Masterpiece Original BBQ Sauce is great with all types of meat and in favorite sides like beans, casseroles and more.
See More Recipes >
- 1-1/2 cups coarsely chopped onions
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- In a pressure cooker, brown chicken in oil in batches over medium
- heat. Remove chicken and keep warm. Combine the barbecue sauce,
- onions and green pepper in pressure cooker. Return chicken to the
- pan; stir to coat.
- Close cover securely; place pressure regulator on vent pipe. Bring
- cooker to full pressure over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium
- and cook for 10 minutes. (Pressure regulator should maintain a slow
- steady rocking motion; adjust heat if needed.) Remove from the heat;
- allow pressure to drop on its own. Yield: 4 servings.
Editor’s Note: This recipe was tested at 13 pounds of pressure (psi).
Nutrition Facts: 2 pieces equals 423 calories, 18 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 110 mg cholesterol, 1,114 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 40 g protein.