These melt-in-your mouth morsels are sure to woo your truelove...and anyone else who has a sweet tooth! Our Test Kitchen staff came up with the recipe for the silky smooth truffles.
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 milk chocolate candy bars (1.55 ounces each), chopped
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped hazelnuts or almonds
- In a small saucepan, heat cream and butter over medium heat for 2-3
- minutes or until bubbles form around the edge of pan, stirring
- constantly. Remove from the heat. Add extract, candy bars and
- semisweet chocolate; stir until smooth. Press plastic wrap onto
- surface of mixture. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- Shape into 12 balls; roll in nuts. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until
- firm. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: One truffle equals 96 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 13 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.