Tea Party Cucumber Sandwiches
These tasty little sandwiches do not get soggy. They are light and refreshing. My wife and I made them for a Queen's birthday tea we hosted. —Chuck Hinz, Parma, Ohio
20 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + standing
- 1 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
- Dash pepper
- 10 thin slices whole wheat sandwich bread, crusts removed
- 5 teaspoons butter, softened
- Watercress sprigs
- In a small bowl, combine the cucumber, lemon juice, oil, salt, sugar
- and pepper. Let stand at room temperature for at least 2 hours.
- Spread one side of each slice of bread with butter; cut each into
- four squares. Drain cucumber and pat dry; place two cucumber slices
- on each square. Garnish with watercress. Yield: 40 sandwiches.
Nutrition Facts: 2 sandwiches equals 51 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 132 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.