"When we were raising our six children, they took turns cooking supper," recounts Margaret Pienta of Abilene, Texas. "Every time my oldest son's turn came around, we knew what he'd be serving...this great-tasting favorite of his. Now we make it for our grandkids."
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) hot dogs
- 10 hot dog buns, split
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Ketchup and mustard
- Cook hot dogs according to package directions; place in buns. Top
- each with small scoops of mashed potatoes; sprinkle with cheese.
- Place on a baking sheet; broil 4-in. from the heat for 2-4 minutes or
- until cheese is melted. Serve with ketchup and mustard. Yield: 10