"We enjoy snacking on these homemade tater treats after a long day of hard work on our farm," informs Shelley Mitchell of Baldur, Manitoba. "The addition of ham and cheese is a pleasant surprise."
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups hot mashed potatoes (without added milk and butter)
- 1 cup ground fully cooked ham
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups crushed cornflakes
- Combine potatoes, ham, cheese, mayonnaise, eggs, onion, mustard, salt
- and pepper; shape into 1-in. balls. Roll in cornflakes. Place on
- greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until
- golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 131 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 324 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.