Tasty Veggie Patties
Here's a delightful entree with a healthy dose of vegetables. “I like making these savory patties for a quick dinner,” notes Rosie Hostetler of Sumter, South Carolina.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3/4 cup shredded yellow summer squash
- 1/2 cup grated peeled potato
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- In a small bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Shape into four
- patties. In a large skillet, cook patties in oil over medium heat
- for 3-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve
- immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 2 patties equals 168 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 423 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.