Tasty Turkey Soup
"You'll love this quick-and-easy way to jazz up a can of soup," comments Laurie Todd of Columbus, Mississippi. Enjoy the comforting results in a snap by using leftover turkey and convenient ramen noodles.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 package (3 ounces) chicken-flavored ramen noodles
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed turkey noodle soup, undiluted
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup cubed cooked turkey
- Pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, saute celery and onion in butter until tender.
- Discard seasoning packet from ramen noodles or save for another use.
- Stir the noodles, water, soup, broth, turkey and pepper into celery
- mixture. Cook for 3 minutes or until noodles are tender and heated
- through. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (prepared with low-sodium broth and reduced-fat margarine) equals 166 calories, 1,042 mg sodium, 18 mg cholesterol, 22 gm carbohydrate, 10 gm protein, 4 gm fat, 1 gm fiber. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 lean meat.