Tasty Tuna Casserole
Reduced-fat cream cheese adds a delightful creaminess to this easy, tomato-y twist on classic tuna casserole. Elsie Epp - Newton, Kansas
4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 can (12 ounces) albacore white tuna in water
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Drain macaroni; stir into
- tuna mixture.
- Transfer to a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and
- bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4
Nutrition Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 334 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 851 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.