Tasty Texas Tenders
When time gets away from you and your clan is hungry, prepare this fun fast finger food. The chicken is crispy outside and tender inside. Kids of all ages will love it!
4-6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 pound chicken tenders or boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 cups crisp rice cereal, crushed
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Sour cream, optional
- If using chicken breasts, cut into 4-in. strips; set aside. In a
- shallow bowl, combine the cereal, garlic salt and dill. Place oil in
- another shallow bowl. Dip chicken tenders in oil, then roll in
- cereal mixture.
- Place on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for
- 30 minutes or until no longer pink. Serve with sour cream if
- desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (4 ounces) equals 202 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 462 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 18 g protein.