Tasty Shrimp Spread
A festive occasion at my mom's house wouldn't be complete without this appetizer. She has been making this savory dish for at least 25 years, and it never fails to receive rave reviews.
10 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 pound peeled and deveined cooked shrimp, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- Assorted crackers and/or fresh vegetables
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, butter and mayonnaise.
- Stir in shrimp and onion. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Serve
- with crackers and/or vegetables. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1/4 cup equals 189 calories, 17 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 163 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 7 g protein.