Tasty Meatball Sandwiches
These sandwiches are so yummy no one will guess frozen meatballs are your secret ingredient! They also make easy appetizers if unexpected guests stop by.
6 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1 batch of 30 meatballs (frozen or thawed)
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon liquid smoke, optional
- 6 sandwich rolls, split
- Place meatballs in an ungreased 1-qt. baking dish. Combine the next
- five ingredients; pour over meatballs. Cover and bake at 350°
- for 1 hour. Serve on rolls. Yield: 6 servings.
Editor's Note: These meatballs may be served as an appetizer with toothpicks instead of an rolls.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 365 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 849 mg sodium, 74 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein.