Tasty Hamburger Casserole
Faith Richards from Tampa, Florida needs just a few ingredients to pack a lot of flavor into this hearty ground beef bake. "My daughter received this recipe from a missionary when they were both serving in Zambia," Faith recalls. "It's delicious."
4-6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed vegetarian vegetable soup, undiluted
- 1 cup crushed potato chips
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer potatoes and onion.
- Crumble beef over onion. Spread soups over beef.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 55 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with
- chips. Bake 20 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink and
- vegetables are tender. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 336 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 465 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 19 g protein.