Tart Lemon Sorbet
From Georgetown, Texas, field editor Susan Garoutte writes, "On hot summer days, nothing seems to satisfy like the tartness of lemons. This light, refreshing sorbet is one of my favorite ways to use that puckery fruit."
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + cooling Process: 20 min. + freezing
- 3 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- In a saucepan, bring water and sugar to a boil. Cook and stir until
- sugar is dissolved, about 5 minutes. Cool. Add the lemon juice and
- Pour into the cylinder of an ice cream freezer; freeze according to
- manufacturer's directions. Allow to ripen in ice cream freezer or
- firm up in the refrigerator freezer for 2-4 hours before serving.
- Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Yield: about 1
Nutrition Facts: 1/2 cup equals 157 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.