- and food coloring if desired. Pour into crust.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites, vanilla and cream of tartar on
- medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add remaining sugar,
- beating on high until stiff peaks form. Fold in nuts. Spread evenly
- over hot filling, sealing edges to crust. Bake at 350° for 22-25
- minutes or until meringue is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack for 1
- hour; refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving. Store in the
- refrigerator. Yield: 9 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 554 calories, 28 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 294 mg sodium, 69 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.