Tarragon Mushroom Chicken
Round out this saucy seasoned chicken with some rice or pasta, suggests Mary Kretschmer. "I often make this dish when my children and grandchildren visit," she pens from Miami, Florida. "Using the slow cooker leaves me more time to enjoy their company."
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 cup sherry or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Place the chicken in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine
- the soup, mushrooms, sherry, butter, tarragon, Worcestershire sauce
- and garlic powder; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4-5
- hours or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken and keep warm. Place the flour in a small saucepan;
- gradually whisk in cooking liquid until blended. Bring to a boil;
- cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (4 ounces) equals 138 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 534 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.