Tarragon-Lemon Turkey Breast
If you enjoy the flavors of tarragon and lemon-pepper, consider this wet rub from our Test Kitchen. It's perfect for turkey or even chicken.
11 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours + standing
- 1/4 cup minced fresh tarragon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 bone-in turkey breast (4 pounds)
- In a small dish, combine the first four ingredients. With your
- fingers, carefully loosen the skin from both sides of turkey breast.
- Spread half of the tarragon mixture over the meat under the skin.
- Smooth skin over meat and secure to underside of breast with wooden
- toothpicks. Spread remaining tarragon mixture over turkey skin.
- Place turkey breast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake,
- uncovered, at 325° for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until a meat
- thermometer reads 170°. Let stand for 10-15 minutes. Remove and
- discard skin and toothpicks before carving. Yield: 11 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 4 ounces cooked turkey equals 162 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 165 mg sodium, trace carbohydrate, trace fiber, 31 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer