Tarragon Chicken Salad Sandwiches
I became tired of traditional chicken sandwiches, so I came up with this recipe. Tarragon provides a nice subtle seasoning, while sunflower seeds add extra crunch.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/3 cup sunflower kernels
- 8 croissants or rolls, split
- Lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, combine the first three ingredients. Stir in
- chicken, celery and tarragon. Just before serving, add sunflower
- seeds. Line croissants with lettuce; top with 1/2 cup chicken salad.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 471 calories, 30 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 604 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.