Tarragon Chicken Casserole
For a quick, hearty main dish that's ideal when the weather's warm, try this casserole. With cooked chicken, it bakes in just half an hour. People love the tasty sauce and cheese on top.
-Bob Breno, Strongsville, Ohio
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 4 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) linguine or spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 6 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Paprika, optional
- In a large bowl, combine soup, cream, tarragon and pepper. Stir in
- the linguine and chicken.
- Transfer to an ungreased 4-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with the cheese
- and paprika if desired. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes
- or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 362 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 87 mg cholesterol, 337 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.