Tangy Zucchini Saute
You don't have to go to great lengths to zip up zucchini, as this recipe so tastefully proves. Our Test Kitchen stirred up the savory solution-saute it in a jiffy!
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 to 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- In a large skillet, saute zucchini and onion in oil until tender,
- about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper; saute 1
- minute longer. Add 1 to 2 Tbsp. white balsamic vinegar; saute for
- 1-2 minutes or until liquid is evaporated and zucchini is evenly
- coated. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 72 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 202 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.