Tangy Pulled Pork Sandwiches
The slow cooker not only makes this an easy meal, but it keeps the pork tender, moist and loaded with flavor. The sandwiches are so comforting, they seem anything but light. —Beki Kosydar-Krantz of Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 kaiser rolls, split
- Cut the tenderloin in half; place in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine the
- ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and
- pepper; pour over pork.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until meat is tender. Remove
- meat; shred with two forks. Return to the slow cooker; heat through.
- Serve on rolls. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 sandwich equals 402 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 1,181 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.