Tangy Mozzarella Bites
I adapted this recipe from one I found years ago, substituting ingredients most people have on hand. I like to serve it with crackers or small bread slices.
24 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + chilling
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 to 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 16 ounces cubed part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, garlic, basil and pepper.
- Add cheese; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Yield: about 3 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 74 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 100 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.