- Carefully run a knife around the edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in water
- until smooth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir over
- medium heat for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat;
- stir in the butter, lemon juice and peel. Refrigerate cheesecake and
- sauce overnight. Serve sauce over cheesecake. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 slice with 5 teaspoons sauce equals 349 calories, 17 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 93 mg cholesterol, 295 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.