Tangy Italian Green Beans
And round out any meal with Italian Green Beans from Rudy Martino. The sharpness of the Parmesan cheese goes nicely with the tangy flavor of the chicken. “This has been a family favorite for many years,” writes the Lombard, Illinois reader.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 pound fresh or frozen cut green beans
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2-1/4 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2-1/4 teaspoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- Place beans and water in a microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave
- on high for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the cheese, bread crumbs, garlic
- salt and pepper. Drain beans; drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with
- cheese mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 85 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 309 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.