Tangy Grilled Ham Steak
Evelyn Kennell from Roanoke, Illinois needs only a handful of ingredients for the lip-smacking sauce that jazzes up grilled ham. Flavored with pickle relish, the blend is used for basting and for spooning over individual servings.
3-4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 bone-in fully cooked ham steak (1 pound)
- In a large bowl, combine the ketchup, relish, vinegar, brown sugar
- and cayenne; set aside 1/2 cup for serving.
- Grill the ham steak, uncovered, over medium heat for 3 minutes on
- each side, basting occasionally with remaining sauce. Serve with
- reserved sauce. Yield: 3-4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (4 ounces) equals 286 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 2,046 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 23 g protein.