Tangy Cucumber Gelatin
A friend shared this recipe with me years ago. She had a vegetable garden and always had a good yield of cucumbers. This pleasant, comforting salad is the right amount for one or two. The cucumber and green onions give a nice texture contrast and refreshing crunch.
-Bernadeane McWilliam, Decatur, Illinois
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and diced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Add the cucumber and
- onions. Stir in cottage cheese and mayonnaise until blended. Pour
- into two 1-1/2-cup molds coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate
- overnight or until set. Unmold just before serving. Yield: 2
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 707 calories, 49 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 802 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 19 g protein.