If you've been searching for the perfect coleslaw, give this one a try! It has a terrific crunch, and the simple dressing is sweet and tangy all in one. This is a great way to get your family to eat cabbage. We love it.
-Patricia Staudt, Marble Rock, Iowa
10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1/2 large head cabbage, shredded
- 2 large carrots, shredded
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, carrots, green pepper and
- onion. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Pour over
- cabbage mixture and toss to coat. Cover and chill for 4 hours before
- serving. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 69 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 135 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.