Tangy Breaded Pork Chops
This Michigan City, Indiana reader gives pork chops a quick and tasty breading that highlights garlic and mustard. Says Bobby Taylor, “There's lots of flavor in very little time. This has been part of my recipe file for many years.”
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- In a shallow bowl, beat the egg, mustard and garlic. Place bread
- crumbs in another shallow bowl. Dip pork chops in egg mixture, then
- coat with crumbs.
- In a large skillet, brown chops on both sides in oil. Cook,
- uncovered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a
- meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 244 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 281 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 13 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.