Tangy Baked Beans
“Different, delicious and sized exactly right for two people,” is how Dean Copeland in Ochlocknee, Georgia describes this easy, breezy, home-style side dish.
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 Wright® Brand Bacon strips, cut into 1-inch pieces
Make summer recipes special with fresh, thick slices of Wright® Brand Bacon.
See More Recipes >
- 2 tablespoons strong brewed coffee
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (8.3 ounces) baked beans, undrained
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- In a small skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially
- cooked but not crisp. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the
- coffee, brown sugar, vinegar, mustard and salt. Bring to a boil;
- cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Stir in
- beans and onion.
- Drain bacon on paper towels. Divide the bean mixture between two
- 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups coated with cooking spray. Top with
- bacon. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 2
Nutrition Facts: 1/2 cup equals 213 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 741 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber,