Tangerine Cashew Snapper
Loads of delicious toppings make this fast-to-fix supperoption stunning to both the palate and the eye. —Crystal Bruns, Iliff, Colorado
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 tangerines
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 red snapper fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1/3 cup chopped unsalted cashews
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Peel, slice and remove seeds from 2 tangerines; chop the fruit and
- place in a small bowl. Squeeze juice from remaining tangerines; add
- to bowl. Stir in the lime juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger,
- sesame oil and pepper flakes.
- Place fillets in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking
- spray. Pour tangerine mixture over fillets; sprinkle with cashews
- and green onions. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 15-20 minutes or
- until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 fillet with about 2 tablespoons sauce equals 260 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 358 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber,