Tacos in a Bowl
“This easy skillet dish offers a tasty use for leftover taco meat,” Sue Schoening notes from Sheboygan, Wisconsin. Garnish it with sour cream and salsa for added Southwestern flavor.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- In a small skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat
- is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, taco seasoning and
- water. Bring to a boil. Add ramen noodles (discard seasoning packet
- or save for another use). Cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until
- noodles are tender.
- Spoon into serving bowls; sprinkle with cheese and tortilla chips if
- desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup (prepared with reduced-sodium taco seasoning and reduced-fat cheese; calculated without tortilla chips) equals 435 calories, 18 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 922 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 30 g protein.