Taco in a Bowl
When our youngest daughter was in Sunday School, the students put together a cookbook as a fund-raiser. Tis was one of the recipes included. It solves the problem of eating messy tacos by combining all the ingredients in a bowl.Fay Miller, Denham Springs, Louisiana
4 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 30 min.
- In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Add the tomatoes, taco seasoning and water; mix well. Add pork and
- beans. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15
- minutes. To serve, place corn chips in four soup bowls. Top with
- beef mixture and toppings of your choice. Yield: 4 servings.
To make Taco in a Bowl more spicy, use Mexican-style stewed tomatoes and stir in a can of chopped green chills.