Taco Salad for Two
"One of our favorite meals on the road is Taco Salad for Two," says Henrietta Brumbaugh of Hiawassee, Georgia. "Served with tortilla chips, it’s a refreshing, homemade meal that goes together in minutes, leaving you plenty of time to enjoy the beauty of your surroundings."
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili with beans
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Tortilla chips, optional
- In a small saucepan or microwave-safe bowl, heat the chili.
- Meanwhile, divide the lettuce, tomato and onions between two salad
- plates. Top with chili, salsa and cheese. Serve with tortilla chips
- if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (prepared with reduced-fat cheese; calculated without tortilla chips) equals 342 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 1,478 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 12 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.