Most of my favorite recipesincluding this onecome from my mother-in-law, who's a truly terrific cook. By including rice in this taco-type dish, you can forgo the tortillasMary McCann, Falmouth, Virginia
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 55 min.
- In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no
- longer pink; drain. Add the salsa, tomato sauce and bouillon. Bring
- to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in
- rice. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until rice is tender. Serve
- with tortilla chips and toppings of your choice. Yield: 4 servings.
Serve Taco Rice at your next buffet dinner by making a double batch in advance and reheating it in a slow cooker. Ask each guest to bring a taco topping, such as diced tomatoes, chopped onions, shredded lettuce or any of the optional toppings listed in the recipe.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 320 calories,